Tuesday 1 July 2014

Jumping to Tokyo: an Owl, Art, Pattern, Ramen, and James Brown.

I had a surprise day off from my week end job, so I picked up my bag put my headphones on and jumped on a train to Tokyo.
I realised that listening to Radiohead or listening to James Brown will greatly affect the way you walk and feel. I opted for James Brown.

Right now, this is rather awesome, though. (You're welcome, no, really).

I visited the national Tokyo National Museum and let the flowers and patterns fill me (see pictures below).

I visited a tattoo artist with whom I only spoke once one of my foot was out of the door.

I had a vegan ramen with my friend Kenichi in Tokyo station,
 after observing the va-et-vient of the bullet trains and metros from a building roof top transformed into a garden.

Vegan ramen. I ate so much I could barely walk to catch my train home.
Can't walk on the grass, Tokyo Eki's neighbourhood is a bit like the Champs Elysée.  Many shan't there... But the view from there is lovely, Shinkansens looking like Tomica toys underneath your feet.

I bought a proper, made in Japan, nicely cut shirt (and if I wear it now with my short hair, I am unsure if I am a boy or a girl in the mirror, so it'll wait a bit).  I wanted to buy one for my brother and dad, as they also did men shirt, but figured a shirt has to be tried first...

(Bonjour, il pleut. Je porte une chemise. Merci aurevoir.)

And I also bought socks. 
You never have enough socks. Especially if like me, you loose one every week. 
Especially if they are made in Japan and look like this:
(I think I am now definitely a blogger. I mean. I posted picture of food and my socks. I can't go further I don't think.)

I saw a sculpted owl above my head in a metro station, too:

Cannot remember for sure, I think it was in Oimachi station.


Anyways, I thought I'd share some love:







Pour Vincent
















Pour Lea H.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ah bon?