Thursday 27 March 2014

Little images from Kurima



Bridge linking Miyako Jima to Kurima

Miyako Jima (Okinawa Prefecture)
Happy in the mangroves. Well. Not quite in cause it was full of tiny bright red crabs.

Cooking sweet potatoes in a fire. Mochiron!!! Sure!!! A fond!!!








WARNING: food follows.
Fellow vegan travellers: don't trust those who tell you it's impossible to stay vegan in Japan, that you will miss out on everything, and that you're a pain. It's just not true. Just saying. That's all. I've been staying in tokyo, in the rich type country side, and in totally lost places with not a kombini for miles (that's saying something), well I'm still alive, I've been eating fine, I haven't been a pain to people, I even made friends who cooked for me and made sure I stayed vegan while in the supermarket, and while eating in little shacks.

Those are called little tortoises - they are amazingly yummy rice and salt snacks from Okinawa prefecture, and are vegan.
And I didn't at all buy 10 packets of them until my suitcase wouldn't close.

'Petites tortues', des petits snacks salés de la prefecture d'Okinawa, et vegan.
Et j'en ai pas du tout acheté 10 paquets jusqu'a ce que ma valise ne ferme plus.

Little local restaurant. No problem to order vegan thanks to my host.
Who said vegan miss out on social events? Whhhaaaaattt?



Ok, where else in the world you stop to fill up your tank (well, actually, you don't do it, in Japan people run around - literally- and do it for you, don't ask me why you can't do it yourself like everywhere else), 
and for doing so you get free popcorn and free MELON FLAVOURED (yes, I just said MELON flavoured) cotton candy? I say: hell YES!
Rika-chan and I getting fat.

Vietnamese style spring rolls out of the blue from my host, with shitake, lettuce, carrots and secret soya sauce.



Te-chan fixing his line after he went fishing in...a tree... for leaves, I guess...





San-chan, le chien de l'auberge Hibiscus.














2 comments:

  1. The V sign is the old sign of the occult, satanic. Are you?
    It seems you cant stop yourself from using it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh damn, I thought using bad grammar and poor punctuation was a sign of the occult.
    Well now I know.
    Of course, I am satanic - I'm going to hell anyways for not discriminating against gay and transgender, I eat between meals, I had sex without being married and I do not want kids, so I might as well be friends with Satan.
    Nothing to do with being in Japan. You know. As the title might indicate. And the fact everybody does this for pictures in Japan.
    Nothing to do with a peace sign either.

    ReplyDelete

Ah bon?